Creamy Protein Chicken Noodle Soup
Fall is here, and there is nothing like cozying up with a warm bowl of soup! This soup’s light creamy texture makes it one of our favorites.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 to 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Pounamu Protein Natural Whey Isolate
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups shredded chicken (either rotisserie or freshly cooked)
- 2 cups fettuccine or wide egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- (Optional) If you are cooking your chicken to add to the soup, preheat your oven to 400°F, and coat your chicken with cooking oil, salt, pepper and any other spices you’d like. Cook for about 20 minutes. When chicken is cooked through, let it cool slightly before shredding. Shred either with a hand mixer on high or by hand with two forks.
- Melt butter in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat until melted.
- Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in Natural Whey Isolate Pounamu Protein until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in white wine and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot. Add in chicken stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Bring the pot to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover for about 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and pasta until pasta is cooked. About 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream, peas and parsley until incorporated.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can use leftover rotisserie chicken or baked chicken and shred it before adding it to the soup.
- If you want to skip the wine, you can add a little more chicken broth.
- You can swap out carrots, celery or peas with anything you have on hand, including corn, spinach, mushroom, potatoes, etc.
- For a more healthy soup, skip the heavy cream.
- Our Pumpkin Shaped Dinner Rolls go perfectly with this soup and are something to dip into the broth; make sure to check those out!