Raw Matcha Beauty Protein Bars
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 2 hours
Makes: 12 bars
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dried figs, softened for 5-10 mins in boiled water, then drained.
- ½ cup pitted dried dates, softened for 5-10 mins in boiled water, then drained.
- 1 cup nut butter
- 2 scoops Pounamu Protein (We recommend Beauty or Energy)
- 4 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Matcha powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined and a smooth dough forms. Slowly add water if the mix is too dry.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper, press the mixture into a tin, flatten and place in the freezer while the chocolate layer is made.
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler, then add the chocolate. Stir constantly until melted.
- Remove the slice from the freezer and pour chocolate over the top.
- Freeze for a further 2 hours or more.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into slices.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.