Raspberry Chocolate Protein Muffins
This Pounamu Proteiner ate three muffins while taking these photographs, so yes, they are tasty. My husband had two before he headed to the gym this evening and agreed with me. I don't think they will last long in our kitchen as he had another when he finished his workout along with his Pounamu shake.
These protein muffins can be made with a variety of Pounamu Protein powders; we recommend our Beauty Protein blend as the flavors compliment the ingredients, but our natural, chocolate and vanilla whey protein concentrates also work a treat!
Tip: We used frozen raspberries - they are just as delicious and the results are the same as if you used fresh.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Oven temperature: 350° F
Bake time: 15 - 18 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 scoops Pounamu protein powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries dusted with 1 teaspoon of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- Add dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, vanilla, almond extract, vegetable oil and Pounamu Protein.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Mix batter until just combined - do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Divide batter into muffin tin - we used approximately 1/4 cup of batter per muffin.