Pumpkin Spice Protein Latte
It’s pumpkin spice latte season! This recipe for pumpkin spiced syrup works perfectly with your favorite Pounamu Protein flavor. So start your day with a caffeinated protein kick and all of the Fall vibes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: Syrup for 10 lattes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (2 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp ground nutmeg, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground cloves)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon - for topping
- 1 double-shot espresso
- 1 scoop Pounamu Protein (we recommend the Vanilla, Cinnamon-Honey-Cereal or Natural flavor!)
- 1 cup water
To make syrup:
- In a pot over medium heat, add water, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract, and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.
To make a latte:
- Make a double-shot espresso or coffee of your choice.
- Mix in one tablespoon of pumpkin spice syrup.
- Mix milk and Pounamu Protein and foam.
- Pour Pounamu Protein milk mixture over espresso pumpkin spice mix.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Try using our Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder for a lovely vanilla taste to your pumpkin spice latte. Our Cinnamon-Honey Cereal Immune Defense Protein Powder also works a treat!
- Keep syrup refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week to enjoy at your convenience.