Welcome to the world of autumn delights! As the leaves turn golden and the air grows crisp, there's no better way to celebrate the season than with our irresistible Pumpkin Protein Bars. They come together so quickly and are a true autumn treat!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds or ground flax seed
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Pounamu Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin spice, optional
- In a large bowl, mix all bar ingredients until they are combined.
- Line a 8" by 8" baking dish with parchment paper, transfer the mixture into the dish, and press down until flat.
- Transfer the bar mixture to the freezer while you make the topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips with the coconut oil. Microwave the chocolate and oil in 20-second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- Cover the bars evenly with the chocolate mixture and (optional) sprinkle cinnamon or pumpkin spice on top.
- Freeze for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Cut and serve.
- Instead of forming into bars, you can roll the mixture into balls and dip them into the chocolate for pumpkin protein balls!