Pounamu Protein Rice Krispie Treats
These Rice Krispie Treats are homemade protein-packed versions of the ones you know and love. They are quick and simple to make, and the added vanilla protein powder gives them a great taste! They are the perfect treat for your 4th of July celebrations and everyone will go back for more.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12-16 bars
- Melt butter on low to medium heat in a pot.
- Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir until they begin to melt.
- Once the marshmallows are almost melted, add the protein powder and mix until the powder is incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and stir.
- Take the pot off the heat, add half of the rice cereal, and stir carefully. Add in the rest of the cereal and continue to mix carefully. Stir until the cereal is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to a greased 8''x 8'' pan, pressing down into the pan. Wetting the spatula will help keep the mixture from sticking.
- Add your sprinkles on top.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, cut and enjoy!
- It helps to use a silicone spatula to make these, as it keeps the melted marshmallow from sticking to everything!
- The more careful you are stirring in the cereal, the more tender the bars will be!
- You can add almost anything to the top of these yummy treats to make them just how you like them; chocolate chips, melted chocolate, or peanut butter are all great options.