Pounamu Protein Chocolate Lemon Zest Protein Easter Eggs
These eggs are dangerous, they are seriously delicious and but healthy at the same time! The easter eggs are essentially raw balls which have been covered in chocolate, so if you want to skip the chocolate step they will still be an excellent snack.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 30 minutes
Makes: 20 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup LSA (ground linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal)
- 20 dates, pits removed
- 3 tablespoons Tahini or other nut butter
- 1 scoop Pounamu Protein Chocolate Whey Isolate
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup water, approximately
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, we used dark but milk or white chocolate chips could also be used.
- Lemon zest
- Freeze dried fruit powder
- Dried coconut
- Place oats, LSA, dates, tahini, whey isolate, and lemon zest in a food processor or blender, and process the mixture until it is a fine meal consistency.
- Slowly add water to the food processor until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Unplug the food processor and scoop out approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture and form it into an egg shape with your hands (you can make the eggs as big or little as you would like).
- Cover a cookie sheet with baking paper and prepare bowls with your chocolate egg toppings.
- In a double boiler pot add chocolate chips and stir continuously until they are melted - this should take around 2 minutes. If only using a standard pot be very careful not to burn the chocolate. The chocolate chips can also be melted in the microwave.
- Take the chocolate off of the heat; roll the eggs around in the chocolate mixture until they are covered and place your eggs on baking paper.
- Sprinkle eggs with the topping of your choice.
- Put the baking tray into the fridge for approximately 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Enjoy your Pounamu Easter Eggs!