Pounamu Protein Banana Bread
Banana bread lovers, this is for you! This delicious, high-protein banana bread will hit the spot - we made ours with added chocolate chips, but get creative! It would also work perfectly with nuts, cream cheese, berries, or even Nutella.
This recipe can be used for muffins, or you can double it for a larger cake!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45-55 minutes
- 2-3 banana, very ripe
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch if salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops Pounamu Protein Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chocolate chips, nuts, raisins or berries
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare your loaf pan by buttering the bottom and sides. 8x4" is recommended, but a 9x5" will work as well - it will result in a flatter loaf.
- Optional - Keep half of one banana to put on the bread! Slice the banana in half down the middle from top to bottom.
- In a bowl, mash the remaining bananas with a fork or a whisk until they are creamy and smooth. No need for perfection, a few small lumps are okay.
- Add in melted butter and combine.
- Add in your eggs and beat well to combine.
- In the same bowl, stir in the vanilla extract, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Mix in the flour until just incorporated.
- (Optional) Gently incorporate any extras such as chocolate chips, berries, nuts, etc.
- Pour batter into either a buttered or lined pan.
- Top the batter with the sliced banana you put to the side!
- Cook for 45-55 minutes, until toothpick, comes out clean.
- Cool and serve and enjoy!
- If you are using a 9x5 pan, your cooking time may be less, be sure to check your banana bread early.
- Leave the bread in the pan for a few minutes after cooking before taking out and leaving to cool.
- Double recipe and put into a bundt cake pan and drizzle with icing for a cake!