Peanut Butter and Jam Protein Balls
These protein balls are great to keep in the fridge or freezer for when you or your kids, partner or friends get hungry!
Tip: Allergic to peanut butter? Swap the peanut butter for the nut butter of your choice; we are a fan of almond or cashew butter!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Set time: 1 hour
Serves: 25-30 balls
- 4 cups Chex peanut butter or plain cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter and jelly (we used a combined version but you can use 1/2 peanut butter and 1/2 cup jelly instead.
- 1/4 cup vanilla Pounamu Protein
- 1/4 cup chocolate Pounamu Protein
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup melted white (or dark) chocolate. (We used white chocolate fruit dipping wafers to make it easier.)
- In a large bowl add the PB&J, maple syrup, protein powder, and salt and mix well.
- Add Chex cereal, crushing as you go.
- Using your hands, crush all of the cereal into the dough until a firm dough forms.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and form balls of dough. Use a tablespoon measure to scoop then roll with your hands.
- Melt the chocolate slowly over a pan of water, or melt the dipping wafers in the microwave per instructions, then slather over the top of the PB&J balls.
- Place in the fridge to set.