Prep time: 10 minutes
Oven temperature: 350° F
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Setting time: 40 minutes
Makes: 1 large block, 15 large chunks of chocolate
- ¾ cup mixed nuts or seeds
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Pounamu Energy Protein
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or other sweetener
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chopped nuts and/or seeds onto a baking tray and roast for about 10 mins until golden. Observe as they can burn quickly.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler, stirring until melted.
- Once melted, add the vanilla, protein powder, hemp hearts, coconut nectar, goji berries and sea salt.
- Continue to stir until a smooth chocolate is formed.
- Line a small loaf or slice tin with baking paper. Sprinkle half the nuts on the base of the tin, and pour over half of the chocolate mixture.
- Repeat and then sprinkle with some help hearts to finish.
- Place in the freezer for 40 mins or until set.
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer and cut into pieces.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.